We won’t use any ingredients from unknown sources or to make up weight and fill up your dog. That’s exactly why commercial dog food is so questionable! We source all of our ingredients from highly reputable fresh grocery stores. Yes, really, we walk the aisles and hand select each and every fresh ingredient for every batch.
We’ve chosen each and every ingredient for functional reasons, to optimize the nutrient profile of our meals to deliver absolutely fabulous nutrition to your dog. And it’s not just about choosing the right ingredients, it’s about perfectly balancing each ingredient to deliver the right balance of nutrients. Because of this, we only need absolutely minimal mineral supplementation to complete our nutrient profile.
- Real, Fresh Meat – We finely grind lean pork loin, lean beef and whole chicken quarters with bone for our Ciao Bella Burgers. Premium cuts of meat deliver protein, fat, calcium, glucosamine and a wide profile of amino acids.
- Organ meat – Liver, Hearts, Kidney, and Sweetbreads- These provide essential fats as well as additional high quality protein, Coenzyme Q10, vitamins B, C, D, E, K and Zinc. Fats are essential in your dogs diet to assist with vitamin absorption to support the immune system and provide a healthy coat and skin. Coenzyme Q10 is essential for cell maintenance in the dog’s body and is also an antioxidant.
- Vegetables – Carrots, Kale, Collard Greens and Cabbage – finely ground making sure the vitamins absorb efficiently and picky eaters can’t avoid their greens. Vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, Iron, Beta-Carotene, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Copper, Folate, Manganese, Phosphorus, Zinc, Choline, Omega 3, Calcium, Copper, Selenium, Chloride, Fiber.
- Eggs - Always pasture raised, to provide protein, vitamin B-12, vitamin E, riboflavin, folic acid, calcium, zinc, iron, and essential fatty acids.
- Fish Oil – We only use anchovy oil to avoid high levels of mercury known to larger fish. Provides essential Omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E for a healthy shiny coat. Omega 3 fatty acids are vital to balance the high levels of Omega 6 present in meat.
- Chia Seeds - These little powerhouse seeds contain B vitamins, antioxidants, Omega 3 fatty acids, protein and fiber. The nutrients in chia seeds help support your dog's skin, joints, vision, immune system and digestion.
- Oats and wheat germ – We’ve chosen only the best grains to add to our formula, and we only use 5% grains! Oats and wheat germ are excellent sources of Zinc, Manganese, Vitamin D, E, Calcium, Fiber and Iron.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Always organic and containing “the mother”, Apple cider vinegar is rich in potassium to support the heart and vital organs.
- Brewer’s Yeast - Rich in Chromium, Selenium, Protein, Manganese, Iron and a number of B-complex vitamins. Brewer’s yeast is an excellent addition to promote healthy skin and coat.
- Kelp – As well as iodine which is essential for healthy thyroid function, kelp also contains many phytonutrients and antioxidants.
- Parsley – A great source of vitamins A, B, C, K, Selenium, Zinc, Beta-carotene, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Iron, Potassium, Manganese, folic acid and antioxidants. These support healthy organ function, especially the kidneys.
- Garlic - This has previously been under debate as to whether or not it was good or bad for dogs. After exhaustive research we’re satisfied that in the right quantity, it’s absolutely brilliant for your dog. Garlic is high in inulin, amino acids, sulphur, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It also contains vitamin A, C, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, Zinc and B-complex vitamins
From Kitchen to Bowl